This live NECI Trainer led course provides the FCO Instructor candidate with the knowledge and skills necessary to certify others using the NECI Fire Communications Officer certification curriculum.
Student Performance Objectives
By the end of this course, the instructor candidate will be able to:
- Understand the principles of adult learning
- Demonstrate the ability to make a professional presentation
- Demonstrate the ability to make a presentation from a Power Point
- Understand and be able to demonstrate classroom management
- Understand how to request training materials from NECI
- Understand how to certify others as an Fire Communications Officers
NOTE: The course is not designed to teach the instructor candidate basic call-handling techniques. This is a train-the-trainer course, not a basic certification course. Instructor candidates should be formerly trained or experienced at the basic level of emergency communications before taking this instructor-level course. Instructor candidates will learn methods of instruction rather than learning the basic of fire communications.